In the period from February 23 to February 25, 2018. children from the IFS-Emmaus Daily Center Zvornik were on a two-day visit with their peers in Brcko. Visit to Brcko was organized by BZK “Preporod” Zvornik. On the occasion of the International Mother Language Day, BZK “Preporod” Brcko, prepared a rich and diverse program. The children participated in many carefully organized workshops, and they also took part in the festive academy where they presented themselves with two recitations of the Bosnian poet Mak Dizdar. As they were guests in the families of their peers whose parents are members of the “Preporod” Brcko, they have also gained new friends. The children brought nice impressions from this trip, new skills and knowledge that will be used in the future, and this was the goal of this trip.
The workshop program was divided in two parts, by the ages of the children, so that they could participate in:
- – Drawing, writing and acting workshops,
- – Practical work: making jewelry, props from wood and styrofoam,
- – Workshop on tolerance and the right to their mother language,
- – Workshops / knowledge quiz about languages,
- – Making decorations and balloon figures,
- – Entertaining games and creative learning of the English language,
- – Language workshops: Spanish, English, German and French.